Monday, May 31, 2010

I Remember

On this Memorial Day, I remember...

The soldiers who bravely gave their lives for our country.

That we are currently fighting at least one war in the Middle East.

The courageous, selfless men and women who serve our country every day.

And I bear witness...

To all those who are hiding a part of who they are in order to serve.

To the boyfriends and girlfriends left behind, their love never acknowledged.

To the 14,000 military careers claimed by "Don't Ask Don't Tell".

In closing, "When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one." ~Epitaph of Leonard P. Matlovich, 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!