Saturday, September 4, 2010

Options

The Xanax is no longer a miracle drug. Last night it did not help at all; today it put me to sleep for hours.

Options:

1. Keep experimenting with the Xanax, including dosages and timing.
Pros: No side effects, no addition of yet another new chemical.
Cons: This is not an "official" treatment for bipolar disorder.
2. Risperdal
Pros: This has worked for me in the past.
Cons: At a dose large enough to work, I have experienced prolactin side effects.
3. Depacote:
Pros: Triple mood stabilizers are supposed to be very effective, would automatically raise my Lamictal levels.
Cons: Potential for polycystic ovarian syndrome, not usually used in young women of childbearing age.

That's where I am now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!