Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Birthday

Overall, I had a very nice day. My advisor (homeroom teacher) baked me a cake, so I had some. Everybody knew it was my birthday because of the mass emails that get sent out on birthdays at my school. I made a donation to Reece's Rainbow--the highlight of my day!--and I will have another cake with my dormmates tonight.

But--just being honest here--something was missing. I know Reece's Rainbow is important. I know those donations are critical to saving lives. But honestly, I wanted something I could open. Next year I will get myself a small gift and donate the rest of my birthday money.

And so now I am eighteen. I can vote. I can sign my own medical forms. I am legally my own.

What a privilege. What a responsibility. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!