Thursday, December 16, 2010

More Real Deal

I gave in. I gave up. I caved. For reasons far too private to post on a blog (so please try not to judge my decision) I came home for break early on medical leave. I didn't even bring any of my school books or work with me because I expected to be sick for a long time. I am not. I feel fine now. I should have brought my books.

But the real deal is that it is very hard to think straight during a bipolar episode. The real deal is that I had to give in (although really adults in my life made the decision for me) because sometimes life is just too much. I will be working with my therapist to develop coping skills so my next episode does not get this bad. Nevertheless, the real deal is that this one did.

Just keeping it real.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you felt the need to qualify your coming home early.
    It would never have occurred to me to judge you for it.
    If you're not well, you're not well.
    But I'm glad you're feeling better now.

    We do what we need to to get through.
    (For me this has been doing no work whatsoever over the last week because attempting to focus sent me into a downward spiral towards self-mutilation and probably worse. That is a decision I was able to make thanks to the work I have done with health professionals. As a result, I got through. And that's what's important.)

    Glad to see you posting again. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!