Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year?

2010 was a rough year for me in more ways than one...OK, in one way, but it was big. The ups and downs of bipolar disorder, my need for sleep, my emotional outbursts: all domineered my life.

I have no evidence that 2011 will be better, but I do believe it will. Maybe because I foresee getting control of my bipolar disorder; maybe because I will be starting college; and maybe just because I have decided it is going to be and I have the will power to make it so.

OK...New Year's Resolutions: I am only making two of them.

1. I will make time for God in my life. I will daven (pray the mandatory Jewish prayers) at least once a day, and hopefully twice. I need to connect with God in this way in order for the prayers I compose to mean anything.

2. I will pick a project/topic and make a difference in the world. This year, my chosen organization is Reece's Rainbow. I will donate what I have (maybe I won't get a birthday gift after all), I will post on my blog, and I will even "shout" on Facebook. Better believe I will make a difference.

So yes, friends, family, and readers: Happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!