Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Goal

As you all know, my charity for this year is Reece's Rainbow, and I am specifically raising money for the Down Syndrome Girls 6+ page. This is a general grant fund that will go to the next family to adopt a little girl from that page.

I have a goal for how much money I will raise and donate. That goal is 200 dollars. I will get 50 from my parents for my birthday, which puts me off to a fine start.

This will not be easy. It means no more breakfasts, lunches, or dinners out with friends; no more snacks from the Student Union at school; no new clothes; no new craft supplies; no trips to the theater or the movies or ice skating. In short, it means going without for a much greater cause.

I think I can do it.

PS Can anyone tell me how a Chip-in works? I am toying with a couple of fundraising ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!