Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year...A New Dawn...A New Life

2009 was an incredibly difficult year for me. In fact, as I approached my sixteenth birthday last February, and people asked if I was looking forward to it, my response was: "15 was really hard; 16 will be another year of challenges." Boy was I right!

For the last two years, I have been suffering almost constantly. 16 months of horrible RND; working hard (still) to fix that; Bipolar Disorder; my sexuality...I've been through a lot. It's finally over. I get to stop suffering.

What a relief?

No...

WHAT A REALIZATION!

I am still reeling from all that through which I have gone...still desperately trying to get my feet up under me and not really sure how to do it. I just realized this break (and I've been fully mobile since April) that I used to have a life outside my room. Now I'm working to figure out how to piece back together what I still have and recreate the rest of it.

I'm a little bit jaded by experience and can't quite believe that 2010 will be any easier than 2009. All things considered, though, I think it probably will be: I am barely hurting (worse recently but I'm working on it and it should be easy to fix because I nipped it in the bud); my bipolar disorder is under control; and I am almost comfortable with my sexuality.

So...

I feel a little hesitant saying this in light of 2009...

But...

2010, BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!