Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Challenge Day 14

I can't believe it's been two whole weeks since I started this challenge. It's been easier in some ways and harder in others: although I have adjusted to the idea of wearing last year's prom dress over again, I never realized I'd miss the theater so much. Still, once again, I have everything I need and most of what I want; people continue to die in Haiti. I must do my part to right this balance.

Tonight I am going to Target to pick up a few "necessities" by American standards: hair ties, pantyhose, AAA batteries, and 3-oz bottles for shampoo etc. when flying. I will try my hardest not to buy anything else; I will, of course, be honest if I fail. We will see how things go.

UPDATE: It turned out that I also needed Conditioner, which I bought; I also bought a big jar of dried fruit because I am trying to lose weight and will be less tempted to eat dessert with that available. I also withdrew some money from my bank account: either I'll use it for a taxi to the airport or I'll use it over time as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!