Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Challenge Day 17 and Yair Emanuel

The two topics mentioned in the title are actually very much intertwined. You see, Yair Emanuel is my favorite Judaica (Jewish religious and cultural items) artist. (Here is a link to his website: www.emanuel-judaica.com .) My first tallis and the kippah that came with it were both his design.

I genuinely collect kippot, and I would love another something by Yair Emanuel. At the same time, I already have 11 different kippot, and that's more than enough for anybody. Maybe after The Challenge I will let myself get an Emanuel kippah.

Semi off topic: There is a Jewish concept of Hiddur Mitzvah, beautifying the commandment. At the same time, we are not supposed to get so caught up in material things that we forget God and religion. Where is the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!