Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Challenge Day 25

The other day I figured out how to both get a gift for my next birthday (18) and still donate all my gift money to charity. I don't know whether I will actually find this satisfactory; we'll have to see.

I am knitting myself a scarf. It is a lot of work, and I have no doubt that I will not be able to wait patiently to wear it once it's done.

So I will hide it, in a gift bag, until my birthday in February.

Happy birthday to me!

ADDED:

I do find it interesting how well adjusted I am to this Challenge compared to how well adjusted I am to giving away my things. I barely notice The Challenge anymore--really!--while I really want my stuff back. It's not that I really want anything in particular (well, except for one sweater, and that's a long story) back, I'm just stuck in the consumer mindset of wanting STUFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please no hate speech or inappropriate language. Please remember to be polite. Thank you!